Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What can I do to silk flowers to change the color?

I bought blue irises from an online store. (I know most "blue" irises appear purple in color but these really looked blue in the picture especially compared to the purple ones). The blue irises I ordered came yesterday and are purple, not blue like the picture showed. (here's the link: http://silkspecialties.com/p-1506-iris-d... I'm pretty pissed off about it because my wedding is 5 weeks away and their so-called return policy sucks. It basically told me I'm screwed out of 75 bucks. So I was thinking about spray painting them or something, but would I need to spray paint them white first and then blue? And how would I avoid spray painting the yellow part of the flower? Or should I use fabric paint? Please help! Thanks!

What can I do to silk flowers to change the color?
Yes -- you can spray paint them with a blue color.

No -- you will not have to spray them with another color before spraying them blue. Cover the yellow part with some tape and experiment.

Go to a fabric store and ask what would be the best way to get your flowers the way you want them.

You need a hands on technique for this!



Online sites stink as far as getting the proper color....Sorry!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment