Monday, February 13, 2012

Jalapeno plant leaves dried & crackled?

Though it's healthy, some of my jalapeno plant leaves are dried %26amp; crackly at the middle %26amp; tips. This has been an ongoing occurrence for as long as I can remember, even when flowers are blooming and peppers are being produced.



Eventually these leaves fall off, but should I cut off the dead parts of the leaves or should I let Nature take it's course and just let them fall off?



I keep the plant indoors (I am in VA) so I don't think it's any type of bug...



Thanks!!!

Jalapeno plant leaves dried %26amp; crackled?
Make sure it's not getting too dry. Don't keep it wet, but damp is good. If you are not putting a grow light on it, it may need one. Right now, daylight is about 10 1/2 hours. Incandescence light is not good. If you do not what to buy a grow light (they are costly), use a florescence light.



Could have tiny bugs since it is indoors and it does not have as much ventilation as if it were outdoors. Check the underside of the leaves.



I would not put the old leaves in the soil of an indoor plant!





bwg
Reply:Plant is OK just recycle the leaves into the soil.


No comments:

Post a Comment