Monday, February 13, 2012

Help! Anyone have tiny ants in their flowerbed?

Every year I get these little tiny ants in my flowerbed--they look brown but they bite like fireants--and they lay all these little white eggs. They really aren't hurting anything but it's hard to plant my flowers with them there. They're usually against the cement wall and I even quit putting mulch there--and it hasn't helped. I finally bought some powder--it worked where i put it--but they just move to another part of the garden. Anyone know what's attracting them and how to get rid of them? Thx!

Help! Anyone have tiny ants in their flowerbed?
We have a constant problem with these little ants, too. I finally got them under control by using Grant's bait stations. I put them in each of the gardens, they attract the ants which crawl inside them and die. I like this method because there isn't a chemical to keep applying, it doesn't smell and they last a long time. I really don't know what attracts them because around here it seems like just about anything does.


No comments:

Post a Comment