Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can I add an animated gif to a larger plain image (i.e.jpeg)?

I have a small animated image that I would like to add to a pre-existing jpg image that I have created. The animated gif is just a small portion of the whole image that I need. (for instance, if I have a picture of a flower and would like to add an animated butterfly gif to the top of the flower)

Whenever I open up the animated gif in Photopaint for instance, it just becomes non-animated with a black background.

Is there a way to add this to a larger image, while keeping the animation to just the small part? And if so, how?

Can I add an animated gif to a larger plain image (i.e.jpeg)?
Short answer, No. But, you can simulate it in a web page or an email stationery, (which is really just a web page in email).

Basically, what you do is float the animated picture over the other picture. Really not enough room here to do a tutorial, so just do a google search for stationery tutorials, or get on one or more of the stationery newsgroups to learn how to do it.. You can really do a lot of neat things like this in html with the help of javascript ot VBscript.
Reply:You may be able to convert the big image to a gif, and create an animation in which only that part of it moves - it will be big. The first suggestion is probably better.


No comments:

Post a Comment